- Indoor court extension
- Development of a ‘Sports House’ model for shared space within the Stadium
- Re-location of the western hockey turf (to allow for court extension)
- Realignment of netball courts (with provision for future canopy cover for two to four courts)
- Increase in quality for football fields
- Reconfiguration of Aorangi Pavilion to a multi-purpose clubroom
In adopting the Master Plan, Council has committed to addressing all challenges identified, and undertaking both Stage 1 and Stage 2 over the next 25 years.
The Master Plan is necessarily high level, and has provided an outline of what we are trying to achieve at Aorangi Park. Comprehensive planning is now needed for what the facilities will look and feel like and a business case for how Council, and other users will operate at the facilities.
Council is keen to address the current challenges at Aorangi Park. We cannot wait 25 years to ensure that we have quality, fit-for-purpose recreational facilities for our community. But we recognise this is a large and costly project. We are seeking your views on when the development of Aorangi Park is best undertaken.
Council has received some rough order costs to undertake Stage One of the Master Plan.